Wednesday, December 8, 2010

He Strengthens My Weary Heart

What is the LORD seeking? He has always had a people on the earth. In Elijah’s day as the prophet cried out that there were none left except him, the LORD responded that He had reserved 7000 who had not bowed their knee to Baal. There is a remnant. This is a remnant that refuses under any pressure to bow to any master other than One Master, God. So then, what is the LORD seeking except a people that will love Him more than life itself. Yet in this strange and varied world of religions and traditions how do we even begin to know who the LORD is. Confusion and pitfall abound as we repeatedly superimpose our weaknesses and desires onto a perfect and loving God. Sometimes it feels like serving God is the most arduous decision I have ever made, because whatever position I take there are still many that have arguments and debates that rival all things. Those outside the faith are much easier to deal with, but it is those who name the same LORD and yet slander and rage against each other with their various doctrines that prove to be the greatest trial. I almost hate to open my mouth because there is always an unlimited supply of those who disagree with such enthusiasm that it would seem that I just stuck my toe in the lake of fire while inviting everyone else to come and take a dip. Even silent opinions become difficult to bear as the world is ornate with venom that slanders my every thought leaving my head spinning and my heart crying out for the return of the LORD from heaven. But I cannot keep silent, it is like a fire in my bones, it is more painful to try and contain it.


So back to the question, what is the LORD seeking? A people or a family who love Him. How do we know if we are His people or just bowing down to any master (Baal) that pleasures our current desire? Oh my LORD, save me from this wicked and cruel age of men, I long for Your rule and Kingdom to come on the earth. Can I have the strength to love my friends and my enemies, the strength to turn the other cheek, the strength to show kindness to those who hate me and speak mean things about me simply because I trust in the resurrection from the dead.

Believing in Jesus is certainly the best and hardest thing. I have risked every opportunity in this life in the belief that He is the Son of God, the first born from the dead, and my soon returning King. I truly love Jesus, and all that I desire is to see Him and that you too experience the same love I have experienced. I’ve not always been kind, and I regularly struggle with feeling inadequate for the job He has entrusted me with, but He continues to strengthen me. Some might say I have a mental disorder, and my own delusions keep me from backing down, but He is truth and I honestly have nowhere else to turn. O Jesus you have both ruined me and made me in one sweep and I am so thankful, for if this pitiful age was all I had to hope in then my existence would be miserable indeed. I long.

No comments:

Post a Comment