Monday, May 19, 2014

The Womb of the World

For we brought nothing into [this] world, [and it is] certain we can carry nothing out. - 1Ti 6:7 NKJV

I was born naked, ignorant and helpless. There was nothing that I brought with me from the womb into the world. Now I am called to be born again. This second transition will also forbid me from bringing anything that I possess in this womb into the Kingdom of God.

When in our mothers womb we had no reference point or knowledge of what was to come. There was not even any light. Our only contact with the coming life was through the actions of our mother; we could taste what she tasted, smell what she smelled, we could feel her touch and movement, we could hear the sounds she heard, and even see up to 10% of the light she saw. But we had no direct contact with the outside world. Hearing is the closest a fetus can come to perceiving life outside the womb. Isn’t it interesting that hearing is the primary way we are to receive from God? Although we are able to interact with other senses (taste and see that the Lord is good, see the goodness of God) hearing is the chief way to receive.

Jesus told Nicodemus that if he could not understand earthly things, how would he be able to understand heavenly things. We need to grow familiar with God’s voice before we can understand God’s ways.

I long to enter my true home, to put off this current tent and enter into the fullness of life. Right now though I am permitted to experience great things. I only need to remember that my nutrition and health comes from what God puts into His body and not what I put into my own. There is no take-out food in the womb, we can only receive what is put before us with thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment