Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday EGS

  This morning we had a great EGS(Encounter God Service) at IHOP-Macon!!  Bryan Holder and his wife Racheal led us in worship.  These two are amazing, they've been married a little over a year with their first child on the way and together they really brought the right atmosphere to encounter God.  Rachael is a talented keyboardest while Bryan has a real knack for expressing the heart of God with spontanious choruses that penetrate the soul. 
  I had the great privelage of delivering the message.  The Lord was gracious to open up some things about asking and receiving that really ministered to some.  I am hoping to be able to link the messages to my blog soon.  I am not a computer guy so bear with me in the wait.
  Some of the highlights from the message:

-Everything you have or have experienced with Jesus is a result of your asking.  How many of us became believers without first asking God?  We are taught to “ask Jesus into our heart”, and even though that particular phrase is not evident in the Scripture the principle of handing over the governing authority of our life to another is.  Jesus, I have completely messed my life up, I am not who you made me to be, so I ask you to take over.  So if it began with asking, why doesn’t it continue by asking?

-It is as if we “ask” Jesus to take over and then at some point we say “I’ve got this one Lord” and He will let us have the reigns.  We leave Jesus on the sidelines while we go and try to be the star of the game.

-So in thinking we perfectly understand God we begin to ask for others; friends, family, children, spouses, co-workers etc.  We ask God to change this or that in these people so that they could know Jesus like we do, because of course God does not want any to perish.  Really what we are doing is asking God to conform them into our image.  We try to get God to change others so we wont be bothered by them instead of asking God to change us so that we can be a blessing to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment